DSR survey results are in!
The results from our first DSR Pro Members survey have landed…
We launched our first Drone Safe Register (DSR) Pro Members survey on Monday 3 September. Within the first 24 hours, we received over 200 responses with more members supplying valuable data leading up to the survey closing on Sunday at 6pm. If any members are reading this, please note the survey is now closed.
This survey has given us some real positive feedback as well as areas to improve upon…
We asked you what you get most out of being a member, what you need from your membership and how you’re finding our support/industry in general.
It’s fantastic to see that almost 50% of members are networking and working together.
Since over 72% of you have told us that you find the drone industry either ‘hard work’ or ‘very hard work’, it’s important for us to keep working together as a community of drone operators.
So, we are delighted to announce that we will shortly be providing details about the new DSR networking pop-up roadshows.
The DSR networking roadshows will happen around England and Ireland with an invite to all members bringing them together, creating more networking opportunities. We are truly blown away with what we have already created and there’s no reason why we can’t increase this figure with another round of networking.
Our results also show us that:
- Over 60% of you think being a DSR Pro Member is money well spent
- 64% of you would recommend DSR to other operators
- Out of 219 people who took the survey, only 24 said that they wouldn’t renew
And our total responses relating to income:
- 65 members haven’t received any income
- 87 members earned up to £500
- 21 members earned from £500 – £1000
- 7 members earned between £1000 – £1,500
- 7 members earned £1,500 – £2,000
- 30 members have earned £2000 plus
- 30% of members are using our exclusive Coverdrone insurance discount
- 40% are enjoying are exclusive discount on DJI and YUNEEC
- 85% would like for us to keep ID cards (which we will provide)
This is positive feedback and gives us something to really work towards improving.
We’ve also learnt that we need to work on our closed network group content, particularly for job offers. A number of you have fed back that you’re struggling to receive paid work, and this is something that we can work towards supporting. We’ve already organized a talk on ‘How to make money within the Drone Industry’ which will take place on Sunday 22 September.
I’m sure members will agree, DSR has been working to provide the best platform for its members and we will continue to do so. Without any doubt we are the UK’s leading professional drone hire network.
The results from this survey will help shape memberships going forward, as ever keep posting to the Facebook group with any questions or queries and comment on blogs and articles.