Drone Safe Register & Jessops Business Meeting – November 9th
Working alongside our partners at Jessops, we were excited to launch our first ever business meeting event held at the Harleyford Golf Club in Marlow on November 9th.
Attendance was free but pre-registration was required and it was very exciting to see just how many of our members were keen to visit and take part in this initial meeting. In fact, over half of the places were gone within 24 hours of the registration being opened up.
Attendance on the day didn’t disappoint with nearly 70 members making the journey to join us and hear from some of the industry experts that we had lined up to speak as well as to take part in the afternoon workshop programme.
It was a busy morning programme with time to hear from…
- Mark Boyt on what Dragons’ Den means for DSR and what is planned for the future
- Graham Degg on the status of the OSC – announced at the meeting that it has finally been received!
- Drone Safe Register – on the communications strategy, business development, member benefits and the work that is going on to take DSR onwards and upwards
- Jessops on the services and facilities that they can offer to DSR members
- Coverdrone on their insurance services
- Qlaims on insurance and bringing an outdated industry up to date using drone technology
- Sqn Ldr Sam Hodgkinson on the RAF and sharing the airspace safely
- Questions and answers for the panel
Then there was a break for lunch and it was time for visitors to take advantage of our workshop programme with four speakers taking the lead to work with members on the following topics
- Mark Boyt – Filming Tips and Tricks
- Sachin Kapoor – Health and Safety Risk Assessment
- Malcolm Davidge – Scopito Inspection Platorm
- Jessops – Hands On Flying
Outside of all of this, there were so many opportunities to meet and network with fellow members so we’d call it a resounding success.
The plan is take these events to various locations around the country to give as many of our members as possible the chance to visit and benefit from these great sessions – watch this space to find out more about the next event currently planned for February 2019.